The body created by Lord Brahma acquires chaitanya with the entry of Mother Saraswathi. The five senses (Pancha bhoot) merge with the mother and all the functions of the body are perfectly executed. According to our puranas, every individual would have the mother Saraswathi residing in him/her.
It is a universally recognized fact that without education a man cannot be successful. Hence the special emphasis on the supreme mother who rides the Hamsa and resides in kamal and holds SPATHIKA VEENA as her chosen instrument. This is the reason why our culture placed a great emphasis on Aksharabhyasa on VASANTAPANCHAMI DAY- the day when the supreme mother Saraswathi evolved.
Aksharabhyasam started in the year 2008 is being conducted thrice a year on the following occasions without any interruption:
* On the eve of MAGHA SHUDHA PANCHAMI(VASANTH A PANCHAMI) in JAN/FEB month.
* In the month of SEP/OCT, during SRI DEVI NAVA RATHRULU in the timings of MOOLA NAKSHATHRAM.
* On HANUMANJAYANTHI i.e. on VAISHAKA SHUDHA DASHAMI
* Gnana Saraswathi Seva Samiti and Gnana Saraswathi Foundation together conducts the program in the temple premises.
* Slate, notebook and pen are distributed to each and every student who attends the program.
* The programs conducted at the temple are free of cost
* Blessings from spiritual leaders for the parents attending the program.